Using Heatmap to track what users are looking at and Clicking on my website
Heatmap is a great new tool we’ve installed to help you work out which CTA on your event website are the most popular.
An overview of how to use this:
- Click on the heatmap link on your admin screens and setup an account on Heatmap.me. There is a free version which works with 1 website, 5 pages. You can upgrade this to a premium account if you choose.
- Click on the heatmap link (this time top-left) to start recording user actions on the page you are currently on.
- Come back in a few days and view the reports. They are in real time but you need to give your users time to view your site.
Setting up Heatmaps in depth:
1. Click on the heatmap link in your conference websites dashboard.
2. Click on the link to https://heatmap.me/
3. Register on Heatmap and then once done, click on the link to WordPress site
4. Back on Admin you should see a link to Active
5. View a page on your site – the one you’d like to add tracking to. Once on the page click on the link to heatmap on the left hand corner
6. Switch on Record
7. Give it some time and then view the page you are tracking within the administration screens.