How to maximise SEO on WordPress using Yoast (Video Tutorial)
In this video, we’ll walk you through the main key actions to perform NOW to increase your site’s SEO . These are the basic actions all site owners should take.
- Use the Configuration wizard to setup Yoast SEO
Admin > SEO > Dashboard > General > Open the Configuration wizard
- Make sure your site is registered on Google Search Engine Tools.
Google Search Engine Console.
- Use the Yoast plugin to generate a site map
- Check you have a Robot.txt file present
- Use the Yoast Plugin to optimise key pages within the site
- Use TinyPNG.com and TingJPG to reduce the site of your images before uploading as site speed is a key ranking factor in SEO
And then if you want to take SEO to a new level (not covered by the video):
- Use https://supermetrics.com/ to connect Google Analytics to Google sheets or Excel. We’re trying this out ourselves and will report back!
- Good use for the keywords report on Search Engine tools. Use the keywords to create FAQ’s and other content people are looking for on your site.
- Get more reviews. Either on a industry specific site like Trip Advisor or Google Reviews.
June’s WordPress Tunbridge Wells Meetup was all about SEO. The Meetup gave a good introduction to the key points of SEO within WordPress – watch the SEO videos.
Leave a Reply