Developer Diary: June
The developer diary let's you in on the behind the scenes of the conference websites product. As a monthly section (starting today) we'll aim to keep you up to date on the full list of amends that take place across the platform so you can keep up with what's fixed and what we've been working on.
Mike joined the team as a specialist in PHP development and an immense knowledge of server setup and optimisations.
Throughout June Mike and Dom have been paying a lot of attention to the server setup. Readjusting some of the foundations of Conference Websites. This should give a tighter hold on our development environment as we’ve switched our version control hosts but also some optimisations on the server. Whilst there isn’t any immediate reward on this switch it will mean bugs and new features can blast through development much quicker in future.
Due to the nature of the server work it’s blocked the product development in June but we’ve still managed to get some vital fixes and tweaks through.
- NEW Product highlighter added as a standard feature across 2014 theme sites.
- NEW anchor shortcode added. Use [anchor id=”example”] to create an anchor point
Updates / Changes / Fixes
- Updated: seminar time picker to allow full 24 hours
- Updated: Fixed issue with the initial splash theme creating a site with the new template
- Fixed: issue with the speaker role reordering
- Fixed: Missing image for the the default speaker avatar on the seminar list
- Removed: quick edit functionality to adjust session times as it no longer worked. Due to the new taxonomies added this feature has become bloated so decision was made to remove as it’s no longer quicker to use the quick-edit.
- Updated: Clean up in seminar coding to avoid clash with main events plugin.