Your Conference Website as an Web-App
Conference-websites.co.uk is already optimised for mobile. It uses a responsive design to ensure that the site always fits perfectly on any screen size. To try this out for yourself, either look at your site using your mobile phone OR drag in the corners of your Desk-Top based browser.
Definition of a web app
Is any application that uses a web browser as a client. The term may also mean a computer software application that is coded in a browser-supported programming language and reliant on a common web browser to render the application executable. …
To convert your Conference Website INTO a web app,
…all you need to is:
- Ensure you have loaded a FAVICON for your site. A Favicon is a small logo or image displayed alongside the title of your website in the browser. This is done:
Dashboard > Event Settings > Misc > FavIcon
- Copy and paste the instructions below into a page called Web App and promote this page.
View Our Conference Website as a Web App on your mobile phone:
Adding a Shortcut Web Application to your iPhone
- View your Conference Website on your iphone OR iPad.
- From the bottom of the screen click on the small Square with arrow
Adding a Shortcut Web Application to your Android device (assuming you are using the default Android Browser):
- View your Conference Website on your android phone or tablet.
- From the right hand corner, click on the 3 squares and then click on the big PLUS sign +
- Select “Add to Home Screens”
- Take a screenshot of your handset so you can upload this to your webpage instructions –
- Then you need to shout about it – copy and paste the code from this article onto a page on your website. Add a link “DOWNLOAD App version of this website” and you are ready to go.
Example Screenshot of your Web App from my Android Phone